donderdag 25 juni 2015

Reunited with the Danube

Made it to the Danube river today. On purpose I avoided the metropole called Belgrade. It is a charming city, which I visited a few times whith pleasure. Even had an exhibition there, a decade ago. Titled 'putevi' or 'roads'. Still my theme, so to say! Since then I I visited a lot of places along the Danube. Turned the river and my experiences along it into an art-project, called 'potamos'. But still there are places undiscovered. Like the city of Smeredovo, where i'm today. 
And as before, I'm surprised again about the combination of a run-down city, next to such a beautiful river. And the same combination of all these old 'communist' constructions falling apart and all the friendly people, walking out on the streats around sunset. Happy. 

In a supermarket today I communicated with the shop-keeper. In my broken serbian (I just mix my knowledge of czech an russian and hope for the best) He guessed that I came from Belarus. Is this a compliment?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten